Andrea Lauritzen is a woman who has “been there, done that” in life. Her life experiences include formal education from universities and from alternative health organizations, also from the school of hard knocks.
Because of her background and personal healing experience, Andrea is one of those rare individuals who utilizes and believes in both the medical model for physical and mental health AND the holistic model utilized by Eastern medicine and holistic and energy healers. Andrea has found, professionally and personally, that there is a place for both and their use with each individual is unique.
Her knowledge as a Licensed Massage Therapist and Therapeutic Bodyworker and her Masters of Social Work bring a unique perspective to the art of healing. She has found that people heal better when we look at the WHOLE system and not just at pieces and parts separately. Thus, her working model is to address each aspect of an individual (body, mind, spirit) and how these impact the whole and the outcomes.
As creative beings, implementing healing through creative avenues provides safe, engaging, and even fun ways to approach healing. Andrea believes we each know what we need to heal, thus, collaboration with an individual to determine the best approach is vital in healing consultations. Andrea is the facilitator, the individual is the healer.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
- Master of Social Work – 2018
- Professional Educator License for the State of Utah, School Social Worker (K-12) – 2018
- Bachelors in Family Studies – 2016
- Bachelors in English Literature & Child Development – 2004
- Licensed Massage Therapist – 1995
- CranioSacral Therapist – 1994
TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Expressive Arts Play Therapy – 2019
- StoryPlay Therapy – 2019
- TF-CBTWeb – 2019
- Neurobiological Power of Play – 2018
- Beginning Expressive Sandtray Therapy – 2017
- Jungian Play Therapy – 2017
- The Building Blocks of Play Therapy – 2017
- Mental Health First Aid USA – 2017
- Treating Traumatized Children – 2016
- Supporting Children in Grief – 2002 & 2016